Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthdays Part II

I'm feeling much better about birthdays this evening than I was this morning!  Duckie made me a frozen peanut butter pie for tomorrow, he'll be taking me out for sushi (woohoo!) and apparently has some idea for a gift.  Duckie has this amazing talent with gifts:  he gives me one then claims it was all he could find.  He then at some other point during the day asks me to hand him something.  I go to get that something and surprise!  There's another gift there!  It's like a treasure hunt you didn't even know you were on!  I love it!  I've only managed this trick on him like once, but it was awesome.  I'm planning on doing this for the Captain as soon as he's old enough to know what I'm asking him to do!  I'll also be spending the morning with a great friend, so the awesomeness is compounding.

The good keeps happening!  My father in law has spent the last couple months acting very odd, and now appears to be back to normal!  I'm really really happy about this because I don't want to have a strained relationship with the Captain's grandpa, especially since they live right down the hill.  We're also working on getting internet that doesn't totally bite.  Fingers crossed!  Internet seems to be the only downfall to living out in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment